Welcome to my blog!

Photography-

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Brings Me to Tears Every Time

I have had the amazing opportunity on numerous occasions to donate my time to charitable causes. Most of them have been photographing events and other things with my wife's company, KLK Photography. We have worked with Heart Gallery of Orange County and tonight we photographed an event for Child S.H.A.R.E.

Tonight was a fundraising event to help children in need that have been abused and neglected. With over 300 people attending, they all gave their time as well as donating money towards this amazing organization.

Every time I photograph an event like this, I find myself emotionally overwhelmed once it is over. During the event, I am photographing just like any other event. Listening to the stories and speakers as I snap away, I am still absorbing the emotions of the entire event. When I'm photographing though, I hide all of this emotion away because my primary purpose is to capture on camera what is happening.

Tonight I drove home afterward from LA, about an hour drive. I finally could start to think about the event and all the emotions that I felt. So happy that all of these people give their time and money to such a wonderful cause. At the same time, very saddened knowing about all the children that don't have  many of the things that most people have. The support network we all know as our family and friends, the constant care and unconditional love, and the parents that most of us have had all of our lives to look up to and learn from.

About half way home I realized that I didn't have the radio on, complete silence. I also had tears of sadness as I think of all the things that some of these kids don't have that many people, including myself, haven't had to think about all of their lives.

I am happy to know that their are so many amazing people in this world that care about others. I am also extremely happy knowing that I could give my time to one of these great organizations. Thank you to all of the people that give to others. A special thank you to Erin Malone and Child S.H.A.R.E. for letting me be a part of your event.

Long story short, every time I have the opportunity to give to a cause that has anything to do with children in need, it brings me to tears knowing that I can give more and hopefully in some way it will benefit someone in need. And that's exactly what I want to do, give more. There are always children that need, and anything I can do to help, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment